Oh, Thanksgiving. How I love thee.
Nick, Otter and I DROVE to Oregon this past weekend to spend the long weekend with his family. We ate a lot, relaxed in between and even squeezed in a day of winery-hopping. Below are some photos from our trip, but first, a baby tangent of thankfulness.
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say again here that I really lucked out in the in-law / brother-in-law / sister-in-law + all their spouses department. The Edwards clan has made me feel like a part of the family since the first time we met, and each time I’m around them I walk away feeling a little more thankful that I get to be a part of their lives.
A few other things I’m feeling especially grateful for as I think back on 2015…
- God. For always listening, guiding, and providing me with far more than I need or deserve.
- Nick. He always knows how to make me laugh and keeps loving me even when I don’t love him well.
- My parents and immediate family. They’re the best people I know.
- My granny and grandma. They’ve both struggled with their health this past year, making me appreciate each phone call and visit with them more than the last, and admire them for fighting through their hardships with optimism and faith.
- My neighbors. I live by some of my very best friends — the kind who know all my flaws and like me anyway. Friends who pray me for me and ask me tough questions.
- Work. Both McBeard and Floataway Studios allow me to grow and push me creatively and professionally.
- Los Angeles. This city is my home. It’s constantly introducing me to new restaurants and places, and has provided me with some of life’s best memories.
- Otter. Working from home used to feel lonely. It’s been really nice to have a warm creature nestled up next to me for the past year and a half.
There are a million other things I could put on this list, but I suppose I’ll leave it at this for tonight.
On with the family pictures…
For now I must be going. Talk soon, friends!