It’s taken me a beat to write this post, perhaps because I’m still in denial that I had to come home.
There is no city I love like I love New York. My mom took me for the first time when I was in the 6th grade, and every time I go and come back home, it takes me about a month to get settled back into life because I miss it so much. One day, even if for a short time, I hope to live there.
Our most recent visit to the city was extra special for Nick and I because we got to go with some of our dearest friends. AND it was just a few days before Christmas! Talk about the best present to ourselves ever.
- Staying at The Ace. It was central to everything. We could grab coffee at Stumptown every morning before heading out to adventure and a cocktail at night before hitting the town.
- Food and Coffee at Little Collins. Everything on their menu is fantastic. We went multiple times because we loved it so much!
- Central Park and Bethesda Fountain. We spent several hours on our final afternoon walking around the park and admiring the fountain. There was an a capella group singing under a tunnel right next to the fountain that gave me all the feels.
- Walking and walking and more walking. We walked everywhere! It was freezing outside, but we bundled ourselves up and marched on.
- Chelsea Market. This was a lot of fun, especially because it was the holidays. There are tons of stores to pop in and out of. I found a really beautiful handmade pitcher that I’m super excited about.
- The MET. It’s sadly no longer there, but we saw the Manus x Machina exhibit, honoring various fashion designers. It was so so so beautiful.
- SNOW. There was only one morning that it snowed, very early, for a short amount of time, but Elise and I relished every second we had with it.
Onto the pictures…
For now I must be going. Talk soon.